"Hear my prayer, O Lord; let not my soul faint under thy discipline, nor let me faint in confessing unto thee thy mercies, whereby thou hast saved me from all my most wicked ways till thou shouldst become sweet to me beyond all the allurements that I used to follow. Let me come to love thee wholly, and grasp thy hand with my whole heart that thou mayest deliver me from every temptation, even unto the last. And thus, O Lord, my King and my God, may all things useful that I learned as a boy now be offered in thy service--let it be that for thy service I now speak and write and reckon. For when I was learning vain things, thou didst impose thy discipline upon me: and thou hast forgiven me my sin of delighting in those vanities. In those studies I learned many a useful word, but these might have been learned in matters not so vain; and surely that is the safe way for youths to walk in."~St. Augustine's Confessions

Killing My Pride

Every once in awhile when I want to empower myself, the thought "I am invincible!" crosses my mind. I guess that thought surfaces from my subconscious to encourage the creator in me to just get out there and create without restraint or fear of judgment, rejection, condemnation, embarrassment, or failure.

But I don't really like that thought. Actually, I quite hate it. It's so prideful. And so false.

I am so weak. God is so strong.

Nothing is impossible for God.

GOD is invincible.

Now that's a thought I can live with.

If He chooses to do the impossible (or even what I alone deem impossible) through me, then glory be to His name - because it will certainly be obvious that it was His strength.

That's the way I prefer it, anyway. Why mess with pride anymore? Not gonna. Done.

Soli Deo Gloria.

0 comments: